You will walk in the Vosges Mountains Park on well marked and maintained tracks at mid-mountain level
Ramble through the Kaysersberg Valley and enjoy its characteristic sights, smells and tastes.
Above all give yourself the pleasure of sampling the local cuisine!
Example of programme:
Day 1: Welcome in KAYSERSBERG, mediaeval city and birthplace of Dr. Albert Schweitzer, or at KIENTZHEIM, ancient fortified town surrounded by ramparts from the 15th century, or NIEDERMORSCHWIHR in the middle of the vineyards (Hotel de l'Ange). Tasting of Alsatian wines. Free diner not included in the price (but possible in a restaurant of the village). Accommodation.
Day 2: Breakfast. Start for a hike with a picnic meal (4 hours / 15 km / + 680 m / -210m). TURCKHEIM, fortified medieval city. TROIS-EPIS, famous pilgrimage since the 15th century. Arrival in LABAROCHE. Gastronomic diner and accommodation.
Day 3: Breakfast. Start for a hike with a picnic meal ( 4 hours / 15 km / + 450m / - 200m). The feudal castle of Petit Hohnack, ruin of the 11th century. The rocky stones "Pierres Tremblantes" used for druids cult. Arrival in ORBEY. Diner and accommodation.
Day 4: Breakfast. Start for a hike with a picnic meal (6 hours / 18km / + 690m / - 200m). The impressive Lac Blanc, surrounded by glacial cliffs and dominated by a strange rock called "Château Hans". Tête des Faux, a front line of the First World War. Etang du Devin, a bog which is a home to a wide variety of flora and fauna.
Arrival in LAPOUTROIE. The village is famous for its brandies and munster cheese. Visit of the brandies museum or the Miclo distillery of the cheese dairy La Graine au Lait. Gastronomic diner and accommodation.
Day 5: End of the day after breakfast.
Duration of the walks: 12 to 20 km per stage or 4 to 6 hours walking per day. From 500-800 meter height differences.
Equipment needed: good walking shoes (avoid new shoes), rain protection, small cool back pack for your daily needs such as for a picnic meal, a drinking bottle, table cutlery and a first-aid kit.
Example for a stay 5 days/ 4 nights:
- 4 nights in hotels with breakfast.
- 2 gastronomic diners, 1 diner (drinks not included).
- 3 picnics meals.
- 1 road book available at your first hotel of the circuit (containing technical information) and a 1:25000 hiking map.
- Wine tasting with a cellar visit, a munster cheese tasting or distillery visit or visit to the brandises museum.
- Transfer to your first hotel from the nearest train station OR car park.
- Luggage transfers between hotels.
- Booking service.
- 1 diner not included in the price (whatever the duration of the stay).
- Personal spending.
- The tourist tax to pay directly at the accommodation.
- Price from :
- 263 € per person